Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A New Year



2013 was such a great year! There were some big ups and downs, but if life has taught me anything, it’s to focus on the positive, and work out the not so great things as best you can. And especially, don’t let others' negativity steal your happiness. Life is too short to spend even ten minutes of your day focusing on any crap you can’t control or change (of course, this is easier said than done, and I'm still working on doing this all the time).

There are many things I want to work on in 2014, but the biggest is to better myself on the inside. Last year Michael and I worked on our bodies, but this year, in addition to continuing that, I want to better my mental space. I want to work on being more patient, mellow, and understanding. I want to be stronger mentally, and less focused on negativity. 

In addition to being a happier, better me, I want our family to do more things together - have fun adventures, go on family outings, spend time together unplugged. I want to spend more time with my husband, do more fun and educational activities with Michelle, and give myself a break when I'm not feeling like the perfect wife, mother, daughter, friend, or person. 

2013 included watching Michelle morph from a sweet chubby little infant, into a crawling, then walking, then running little girl, with big personality and an amazing sense of adventure. We took Michelle on her first plane ride (to Southern California for a fun vacation), then out of the country to Mexico on a family vacation. We celebrated our second wedding anniversary, made-over our backyard into a gorgeous oasis, lost a combined 100 lbs (and counting) and bought a new car! Yes, we were forced to move to Yreka for a year in August, but it made it possible for us to play in the snow with Mish (her first time seeing it), go into beautiful Oregon and explore new places, and be greeted by deer every day. Don't get me wrong, I really can't wait to be done with this whole Bay to Yreka thing and get my life back together (and to makeover the inside of our home when we are back full-time), but I'm not going to dwell on it or waste an opportunity to make it a great year! 

These are just a few things I've been thinking about for a few days, and wanted to share. I really hope 2014 brings a happier, healthier, cleaner, and more organized Jessica. 2013 was wonderful, but I'm ready to make 2014 even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment