Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Venting blog, if you're offended then don't read it.

This is going to be a grouchy post. So feel free to bail on this one.

Yesterday I had my 38 week appointment and it didn't go very well. Apparently my blood pressure was through the roof and the doctor started freaking out about preeclampsia and saying that I had to go to labor and delivery to get checked out. She was really sure that I would have to be induced. I was freaking out. It was especially scary because we didn't have anything - our hospital bag is in my car (we took Michael's to the appointment), and we haven't turned in our birth plan.
After going to L&D I was hooked up to a cuff and told to stay in bed for an hour while my blood work got examined and my blood pressure was taken every 15 minutes. It went down very quickly, and my blood work was great. Doctor thinks I am too stressed and that I am pushing myself too hard with school and life. She kinda doesn't want me to return to school, but my follow up appointment is on Friday, so I'm going to class for sure on Thursday.

"How are you feeling, Jess?"
"How's life/school/the pregnancy?"
"Do YOU want to vent for once instead of listening to my problems?"

No, I don't hear any of that. It's going to be frustrating when I hear "How's the baby?" "Can we come by and see her?" "Wanna hang out?". Really? You want to hang out now that I have a cute baby? No. I don't want to visit. No, you won't get an update. I'll be too busy spending time with MY kid to update you. Come to think of it, I'm thinking of not updating a LOT of people about my labor and the baby. Maybe I'll ask my sister to make the twitter account an invite-only one, if some people think it's dumb. Maybe I'll tell the nurses not to announce any info unless the room is cleared and that phones are banned in my delivery room so that NO ONE gets updated from anyone. yeah, maybe I'll do that.

Ugh, I felt rude just typing that. It was rude. I just need to vent. And since I only have this blog as a 100% venting tool, this is where it is.
Blah.

1 comment:

  1. You're a strong, independent woman. You do what you feel is the best for your health, your sanity, and the health and well being of your child. It's you're right as a woman and a human being.

    ReplyDelete