Tuesday, June 3, 2014

TWO

My baby is two! My sweet, strong-willed, adventurous, smart, crazy little girl is two. Where did the time go? I look into her beautiful face and I feel like no time has passed since I first laid eyes on her. How have two years passed?

I've been avoiding my blog because I knew writing this post would make me feel all sad and nostalgic. My little bean isn't a bean - she's not an infant, a baby, or even all that little. She's a sharp, witty toddler with likes, dislikes, and a voice. She knows what she wants and she's determined to get it. She amazes me. I wish I could be more like her every single day.

Michelle, at two years and 0 months old, is inquisitive, spunky, funny, so sweet, and fierce. She loves to read, has amazing manners (please, thank you, and bless you!), shows compassion for others, absorbs everything and is eager to learn (especially about animals, numbers, and songs), loves to give and receive kisses, tells jokes, sings, and dances for others, and isn't afraid to give a stern "no!" when she's unhappy.
She's a complex, interesting, amazing little girl, and I'm constantly surprised by how awesome she is.
She likes being naked, hanging out in the dog kennel, climbing things, Mickey Mouse, giving people checkups and watching Doc McStuffins, and monkeys (well, after visiting the zoo on her birthday yesterday, all animals!).

Right now she's decided she's done playing with her toys and that she wants to read a book in bed. I know that means I have about 10 minutes before she is demanding me to turn off the lights and go to bed. Haha! She likes her naps and she likes bedtime. Maybe because those are the only times of day that I let her nurse anymore. YES, we're still nursing (with no end in sight because this kid is strong-willed).

We love you SO much, Monkey. And we can't wait to see what you'll do next.


No comments:

Post a Comment