Wednesday, June 12, 2013

My Baby Explorer

My child amazes me. She's a brave little scientist, curious about the world, and unafraid of any potential obstacles. She's not deterred by a stern "no!" or even a tumble onto her knees. She knows what she wants, and she's not afraid to get it!

As I type this, she's trying to fit her body through the tiny crack Michael left in the backdoor. She wants to explore the backyard in all of its dirty glory. Bugs, rocks, a hyper dog, and a half-filled kiddy pool aren't bad; they're interesting and amazing!

Her new favorite thing (besides that darned fireplace we've been block off) is pretending to be a dog. At least that's what we think she's doing. She knows that dogs say "ouuu ouuu", so when we hear her barking away inside of Charlie's kennel, we can only assume she's trying to be just like her favorite pooch. She likes to fill up his sanctuary with stuffed animals, balls, blankets, and sippy cups. We didn't notice all of her treasures the other night, and poor Charlie slept with a big bouncy ball and one pink baby converse.


Having a toddler is just as I imagined it would be: busy, nerve-wracking, fun, and *always* an adventure.
People warned me about this time, but I am loving every second of it. Yeah, she likes to spill her water cup on the ground, and dig through the garbage, but she always makes sure to share her discoveries, and likes to help clean up messes. This time is going to fly by, and I want to enjoy every second of it.







p.s. the blurry photos lately are from my iPhone. Still trying to find a way to upload them from my phone with better quality!

No comments:

Post a Comment