Friday, February 24, 2012

6 months, update and a weight/natural rant

 Today - 26 weeks pregnant
 Today - 26 weeks pregnant
 February 8, 2012 - about 24 weeks, and hiding my face because I felt like a heifer. Looking at this pic now, I realize how crazy people can be when they are feeling hormonal (welcome to the wonders of pregnancy!)








I LOVE being pregnant. I love watching Michelle's body move across my stomach. I love the fact that she kicked Michael on the face when he was resting with me. I LOVE that she responds to our voices, and that she is healthy. I am in love with my bump, with how healthy I feel, and I feel so honored that pregnancy has been so wonderful for me. It makes me sad when people complain about their pregnancies, but there is nothing I can do to control others. I mentioned this a week or two ago on twitter when I was angry about the complaints..but now I'm just sad for the people who are stuck feeling that way. I thought I should update that thought on here, so I can remember this when I'm pregnant again :)

Ok, so time for a rant!

I was so nervous about my weight when I first got pregnant. I have always struggled with my weight and perception of myself, so I was worried about gaining too much and not being able to lose it. So, I have been taking really good care of myself and what I eat. I'm a vegetarian, so it's both easy and hard to eat healthy. Sometimes veggies don't sound good, and I just want a big plate of pasta.

When I first got pregnant I lost 10 pounds (how, I don't know!) without being sick or changing much about my lifestyle. As time has gone on, I haven't gained back but 2 of those ten pounds. My last doctors appt (last Friday) was frustrating for me because my doc said if I don't gain 5 lbs by my next appt she is sending me to a nutritional counselor. Um...if my baby is measuring normal (which she is), and I am healthy, then what is the problem? My mom only gained 16 lbs during her pregnancy with me!

I think doctors try to control pregnancies too much. I understand that some people have complications or problems, but so far nature is letting my body do its thing, and everything is great. I want my body to naturally progress the way it wants to, and I want to birth naturally. So far, I've had to make sure to repeat these things over and over because people think they know best. Sorry, but women have been giving birth for as long as there has been people, so I think that instinctively my body knows what to do.

This all being said, my doctor is totally for my desire to be all natural, she's just obsessing over my weight. Oddly enough, it's other people are trying to talk me out of natural childbirth! Natural. NATURAL. What my body was made to do and feel. Ah life, if there is one thing I hate, it's other people telling me what to do, especially when I've never asked for advice.

Ok, rant over!

3 comments:

  1. I don't get why people think how you give birth is any of their concern. I mean, its not like you're going around condemning people who don't agree with you. Its completely no one else's business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doctors can only control you so much. You just ignore all the others and do what you feel is right for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for and glad to hear you and Michelle are doing great!<3 As for those people trying to control, just ignore them you know whats best for you and your body will let you know when somethings up.You look amazing Jess! so keep doing what your doing because its treating you well!!:)

    ReplyDelete