Friday, April 26, 2013

Sunday and Wednesday Night Dinners

A few weeks ago my family decided to start having a weekly dinner to catch up and bond. We kept going months without getting together, and we all live within 15 minutes of each other! Michael's family already has a weekly Sunday night dinner, so we decided to jump on the dinner wagon and have Wednesday Jarvi Dinners.
With Grandpa , watching the game 
Cleaning up with Grammie
Every week we go to a different house (my sister's, parent's and mine) and cook dinner, talk, and leave. We don't stay late, and the kids' weekly routines aren't messed up. It's really nice! It's especially nice to see my dad, because for a while I was barely seeing him. My mom and I talk on the phone everyday, but I didn't get to see Dad as much. It's really nice :)
I think the kids benefit the most from these dinners! Michelle gets to play with her cousins, bond with family, and gets to know everyone outside of holidays and special events.
Playing with a puppy
I love that Michael and I have some traditions with our families that are based on love and the desire to spend time together; instead of buying gifts, or some weird obligations. We have dinner Sundays and Wednesdays because we want to, and it makes it so much more special.


Playing with Lauren






No comments:

Post a Comment