Friday, December 16, 2011

Thinking out loud.

I was just thinking about how stressed I've been. I've been crying a lot, and have been in some stupid arguments lately, and I really hope the baby is ok. Can she feel my sadness? Can she feel when I'm happy, stressed, or anxious? For her sake, I hope not. I hope she's just floating in a cozy bed, blowing bubbles, and growing strong. Then again, I can be quite naive.

I am so happy I can bring her into this world. We all grow up in families, but this one is special because I'm making it all on my own. Michael and I are building this family just for us, and I hope my little girl always feels loved, special, and valued in our family. When I think of the baby, I feel happiness, love, and awe...I don't want any of her things (her room, her clothes, her toys) being associated with bad things like crying or yelling. When I do things just for Michelle, I want to be in a good state of mind with love in my heart. I don't want to buy something while I'm grouchy, or decorate her special room with any sadness in my heart. This is her domain, her special place to dream, and play, and be an innocent child. I don't want any bad energy hanging around.

You know, people who fight a lot will always fight a lot. If a person, or group of people, are always sad, stressed, and angry, they will always be that way. There is no changing anyone but yourself. I don't want my kid being around anyone when they are acting that way. I can't control what they do and when they do it, so I need to think long and hard about who I want coming around this bundle of joy. People become mean; they aren't born mean. I don't want any negative influences on Michelle; I want her to stay innocent and happy. But I guess all parents want that for their children.


2 comments:

  1. Jess, you are going to be a wonderful mother!! You are so right you don't want or should have negative/mean people around Michelle. I think when we get older sometimes you got to rethinking Who your true friends. Life is to short you should spend your days with people that love you and cherish your friendship! Jeff and I care so much about you and Mike if you,Mike, and even Michelle need anything just call us!:)
    As for making Michelle's room filled with love and joy... I think there will be plenty of that going around tomorrow while we paint her room!!!<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact that you care so much means that she'll know shes loved... even when shes a know-it-all teenager. You and Mike are going to make a wonderful home with little Misha, theres no reason to stress. As for things being associated with negativity... you can't control what shes playing with when she gets a splinter in her pinky toe, or what she takes to the doctor with her when she gets her shots. So again, its okay. That being said, if I bring any presents for her to a party at some point in the future and its not going well, I'll just hide them somewhere in your house and let you know later. Sound good?

    ReplyDelete