Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Ah-may-ZING!

I wasn't going to blog until after finals, but something awesome happened last night and I have to share! So, I was fighting with Michael about something I can't even remember (hey! I'm hormonal and crazy! I can argue with my hubby and then forget why I was mad!). Anyways, I went into my room to relax and cool off because since I've gotten pregnant I like to throw things at people and act like a caveman. I plopped down and pulled out my trusty, beloved, beautiful iPod and set my playlist to randomly play any and all Rilo Kiley songs (if you don't know about Rilo Kiley, after all these years, shut down this blog imminently and run to your nearest Rasputin!). The Frug, an old classic, came on, so I set it on my belly (which was exposed cos I wanted to look how big it's gotten) and started calming down. Well, while I was calming down, someone else was getting riled up! I know it's too early, and I know people say it's impossible to distinguish from gas, but I swear to you, the baby fluttered! I felt a little flutter deep in my right, lower stomach, like the baby was walking up the wall like it did during my ultrasound. It was so crazy; I knew immediately what it was. I screamed for Michael to come, and he busted in that room so freaking fast. He was worried, I mean, I screamed, but once I told him, he got a huge smile on his face and we cuddled, discussing the craziness of our bean.

I know what I felt. It was a full on flutter, different than anything I've felt before. I'm not crazy, and I didn't get my hopes up...I know I won't feel it again for a few weeks. But, it was so awesome. I mean, my kid responded to Rilo Kiley. Clue number one that this kid is fucking awesome. Clue number two is that it does yoga. And clue number three is that it is half me, half Michael, so it has to be awesome.


Ok, well I have 4 hours to start and complete a three page essay and bibliograpgy on crap I haven't read on, so I better jet. SUNDAY is our 3D ultrasound, so you'll hear from me soon. Quick side note, I have a feeling we won't get a definitive on the sex just yet. I have a feeling we'll find out in January. <3

-Jess

2 comments: