Sunday, December 11, 2011

It's a GIRL!

Ah! Today we had our 3d/4d ultrasound, and got to see our beautiful little baby dance around. The tech said she was 98% sure the baby is a girl, since she had the "hamburger". Lol. I won't explain since it's a pretty gross metaphor.

We've decided on Michelle Elizabeth Bergman. Misha for short. :) It was so fun to watch, especially with our families right by our side. It was only me and Rachael who thought the baby would be a girl; everyone else was screaming boy! Ha! Don't they know we don't make boys in the Jarvi house? The tech said people that have a lot of sex have girls...I don't know if it's true, but it definitely applies ;-)

While having my ultrasound, the tech, Karen, said she could tell I had to pee (that nothing is secret in ultrasound offices..haha!) and then she said I was having a contraction! We saw it lower down to the baby, and after a bit it went away. She told me I will most likely have Braxton Hicks later on if they are happening now..let's hope not! A picture is below, and a link to a video of the dancing queen is here: Baby Michelle Dancing



It is definitely a week to be a girl! Mackenzie Marie was born on the sixth, and she is probably the cutest newborn I've ever seen! Cassie had an amazing, natural, peaceful laboring process and had no complications. It was so amazing to hold Macey after Cass had her. She stopped crying when I held her, and looked into my face for a while. It was very overwhelming and once I dropped off Cassie's doula/friend Heather, I cried the rest of the way home. It made me happy for the K family, but scared for myself. I mean, not to give birth, but to have a baby. It's hard to explain, but I guess I keep thinking of the baby as a little bean, when really it's going to come out of me and interact with people within minutes. It's not a toy, it's not a pet, it's a real life human. It's a very humbling thing to see a baby so new. I am thankful I could be there for 80% of the process. I am very honored to be a part of the group invited along. <3

Well, I'm off to cuddle on the couch and mentally prepare myself for the shopping spree I'm about to embark upon. <3

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Jess! Time to pump the registries full of loverly little girl things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Auntie Nikki and family can't wait to meet Michelle!!

    ReplyDelete