Friday, December 12, 2014

Celebration and Rants

Yesterday my younger sister announced that she is expecting a baby! And she's not that far behind me. Her due date is the same that Michelle's was (May 28th)! We are all over the moon for her. It will be nice for Noelle to have a cousin so close in age to her (about a month apart), just like Michelle has with her cousin Nichole. Her and her fiance are so excited!

To top off her great news, she's having the first boy in our family. 3 daughters, 5 granddaughters, and 1 grandson. Our immediate family is very excited to get a boy.

However, outside friends and family are being ridiculous and insensitive. My mom made a huge pronouncement on facebook and got about 30 comments - they all said stuff like "oh Papa will finally have his boy to spoil" and even my own grandparents said something about this baby being extra special. My "announcement" from my mom got 3 comments. Haha!
There's even talk of a fire truck baby shower. No mention of a shower for Noey (when I said this to my mom she said we can do a "diaper thing" if I want, but I can afford my own diapers). Maybe everyone forgot I'm also pregnant, and that Noey is special too. She will be about 1 month older than Ash's son.
I think every baby should be celebrated. Regardless of sex or who is having the baby.

Either way, Michael and I have enough love and excitement for Noelle, so we're not concerned about these random people. It's annoying, but we don't need anyone else cheering us on, we cheer ourselves on :)

My sister's baby deserves to be celebrated, not because he's a boy, but because he is a new member of our family, and that is a wonderful thing. Here's to baby boy, we can't wait to meet him! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment