Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Onesies and Veggie Diet

Today I bought the baby a UC Davis onesie! It's a size 6 mo., but it was the smallest available. So, I still have to find a tiny one for my tiny tadpole. I can't wait for my first appointment, so I can start buying stuff without feeling guilty. I don't wanna jinx anything. I've been lurking on cafepress, and I found the cutest shirts!! This one is my favorite, followed by this one! I also found a MUST HAVE in this shirt/bib (it can be either).

I've been thinking about my vegetarian diet, and making sure I get all the right nutrition for Awesome. I looked online and read something about omega 3 pills being good for baby's developing brains, and that salmon is the best thing to eat for your developing baby. I am a vegetarian! Fish are living creatures, and eating them makes me feel squishy and wrong. That being said, I want the very best for my little Awesome's developing self. I am thinking that fish oil pills, just while pregnant, should be ok for my conscience. Eating salmon, on the other hand, does not sound appetizing to me...so I dunno what to do. Fish oil might be enough. Anyone have any advice? I am not worried about protein and iron though. I have a vegetarian pregnancy book, and I eat a well balanced diet. Well, I do when we have groceries..I better get on that.



2 comments:

  1. I've never had a baby, but I do have a feeling that if Awesome needs something, it will be made known. Through crazy three a.m swiss chard and ham hocks with with a flan mixed in sort of craving.

    This might be completely false. Again, I know nothing of babies.

    ReplyDelete