Monday, January 21, 2013

Color Vibe 5k

On Saturday I participated in my first 5k event! I did it with my friend Jessica (and her cousin, who we lost on the run), my mother-in-law Diann, my sister-in-law Rachael, and my husband's Aunt Cate (and her son's really nice girlfriend)! Below is our before picture! See how clean and sleepy we look? :)

We all paired off and ran/jogged/walked. Rach and I went off together. It was so much fun! We only ran half of it and walked a lot of it. Then we rolled in the leftover color and danced like crazy women!




The original plan was to bring Michelle, but after the first ten minutes of color blasting, we decided to leave her with Michael in the "dad area" (tons of dads hung out with kids and strollers, gotta love 2013). Her stroller was still a sight to see :)

After the run we all got together and posed like the gorgeous models we are, then went out for breakfast and confused the non color blasted patrons.




This was a good way to ease myself into starting to run in organized events. I didn't train like I wanted to, because I had the flu for two weeks, and then we had holidays to contend with. I'd really like to start training again, then see if there are any 5k runs going on.

Yay for 2013!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Im so happy you invited me to do this 5K with you! It was so much and so colorful. I never thought in a million years i would do a 5K.lol Hopefully we can do another race together!:) This was a great way to start off the New Year!!<3

    ReplyDelete